Saturday, April 2, 2011

Relay for Life 2011

*NSYNC with a Cure
APhiO Singing Bye Bye Bye to Cancer
Relay For Life 2011


I was fortunate enough to experience FSU's Relay for Life this year with some of the most amazing people on the planet. I seriously cannot imagine participating in such an emotional and fulfilling event without my brothers (current AND future) by my side. I love all of you more than you could ever imagine and I am SO proud to call each and every one of you family.<3

The ΑΦΩ teams raised over $10,000 year, which is just a small portion of the (over) $173,000 that FSU Relay for Life raised overall!


I've been participating in Relay for Life since I was a sophomore in high school, and I can honestly say that it's my all time favorite philanthropy. I used to Relay for fun and to help an amazing organization (The American Cancer Society) raise money for education, prevention, and treatment. 

Mary Beth "Birdie" Knox
November 28, 1984 - March 27, 2007

Now, I Relay for my cousin, Mary Beth, who lost her fight with Sarcoma in 2007.

Relay has seriously taken on a whole new meaning for me since she passed away, and I couldn't be more proud of the hard work that goes into making Relay for Life a success each and every year, thanks to the amazing people that volunteer their entire year to putting Relay together, the amazing teams that come together to raise money for a cure, and all of the money raised to help fight cancer so we [hopefully] don't have to Relay in the future.


CELEBRATE
REMEMBER
FIGHT BACK




No comments:

Post a Comment