Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bored at the desk...

I'm listening to my favorite Pandora station while re-reading 'Catcher in the Rye' for the hudreth time. I love that after all this time, it still tops my list of favorites. I love that this is actually what I get paid to do. :)

I had a rather interesting encounter with a few of the residents in this hall earlier... Long story short, beligerant men in sports bras are just not something I ever thought I would encounter while doing this job, and yet- It's now something I guess I can cross off my bucket list. (Not that it was on there in the first place, but you get the idea.)

One of my littles came to visit me at the desk tonight. It's a fairly frequent occurance when I work the Eastside, which I'm totally not complaining about. I love the interruption from the monotony that is the desk and I'm never one to turn down bonding time- even if it's only a few minutes. It means a lot, to me at least, that someone's willing to take the time out of their schedule to come and spend time with me... even more so when that time is at all hours of the night. :) (I don't know if you read this, but on the off chance you do- Thank you :) I appreciate you more than you know.)

Elections for next semester's Exec Board are this weekend after initiation. I think I want to run for Pledge Master for the fall... but I'm slightly nervous about it. I know that I'll have the time to dedicate to it, the organization skills to make sure everything runs smoothly, and that I have a whole lot of heart to put into the position... but I also know that the people I'd be running against have the same feelings, qualities, and more expierence than I do. I think it's the lack of experience I have, being a NIB this semester, that worries me most. I know beyond a shaddow of a doubt that I would be a great PM if I had the right people behind me to help me out along the way. The more I think about it, the more I want it... but I aslo keep thinking about all of the obstacles I'd have to face to get there. This semesters pledge class will officially be brothers by the time Sunday rolls around, and will be legitimate voting members of our chapter. I know a majority of them, and I feel like I get along with just about all of them, but I don't know how they feel about me, which is just another thing to add to my list of 'what the hell do I do if...' thoughts that I have about running. I guess all I can do is write a speech (assuming that I get nominated, of course) and pray for the best.


Merr- I've been away from the antics of Mr. Caulfield for too long. It's back to my book and my music for the few minutes I have before my next set of rounds.

Goodnight<3

No comments:

Post a Comment