Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For only being comprised of two letters, NO is a very powerful word... one that's apparently not in my vocabulary.

Today's is just another day in the past week that's been full of absolute ridiculousness, and I'm cranky. Don't get me wrong, a service project is definitely a reason to get up just a little earlier and the nice color I'm developing from being outside is definitely a plus in my book... but I really just want to spend one of those 'nice evenings at home' that I keep hearing people talk about for a change.

I wasn't scheduled to pull a full shift tonight. I had every intention of going home after committee meetings (which, btw, more people should go to... they're quite insightful) and making myself dinner, catching myself up on my favorite shows and sleeping in my bed instead of on someones floor. So much for that plan.

I'm not complaining about my job, because I actually really like it... I mean, I get paid to sit behind a desk and have quality 'me' time and just enjoy the quiet that I've been lucky enough to experience in the two or three weeks that I've been doing this. (Knock on wood that it stays that way... I don't need craziness during my shifts.) I even put it out there at the beginning of my shift that if we had a full staff that I was going home. Too bad my resolve is about as firm as jello in the microwave, so I sit here blogging from the wonderfulness that is Wildwood 1 while some lucky individual gets the night off. Tomorrow I'll be in Landis... so here's to hoping that the trend continues.

It's Wednesday, and as far as I know there aren't any wild parties tonight... I hope. Here's to, yet another, quiet evening full of catching up on everything that I've missed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment