Monday, February 7, 2011

I hate tax season

I hate filing my taxes.

I understand that it's a necessary part of life, but freaking a.... I just don't understand why that shit has to be so complicated. I mean, seriously- I have my W-2s, and I'm clearly not a beginner at filing my taxes, so I know how the refund calculation works. What I FAIL to understand is why my refund for this past year decreased by almost $200 because I have an out-of-state W-2. Sure, some things are different, and Michigan isn't a tax-free state so there are obviously some slight complications (at least for me, because I don't like to get bogged down in technicalities, and there are WAY too many when it comes to money and the government) but $200 is a lot of freaking money, and goddamnit, I WANT IT BACK.

Clearly, I'm going to have to make a trip to see someone about this, because I'm not giving it up without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment