Monday, February 28, 2011

FBGM

I'm just going to put it out there... people fucking suck. Clearly, if you're going to start shit with one person, you need to be prepared to deal with the repercussions from other people. If you already know that people don't like you, and let's be serious, you'd have to live in Antarctica to be unaware of the situation, then the obvious coucrse of action is to just NOT START SHIT. Don't pretend to be offended when people call you out on your shit- you started it, so man up and deal. It's crap and nobody wants to put up with your drama.

On a more positive note, some great things happened over the past few days:

1. I GOT MY LITTLES! :) I ended up with three completely amazing people that I can't wait to add to my family on Tuesday. They're each bringing a different dynamic to the family, and I'm like, completely beyond excited for them to finally be Chesney's! :) I'm not going to lie, I'm a little afraid that they're going to absolutely hate the gifts I got for them (only because they're not extremely extravagant like some other families do, because I'm working on an extreme budget) or worse that they're going to end up hating me and their semester is going to be awful... (again, I wasn't voted most dramatic for nothing)  I know that the possibility of them actually hating me is slim to none, but I just want everything to be absolutely perfect for them and I want them to have an awesome semester. They haven't even been introduced to the family yet and I'm already insanely protective of them... GAH, I'm clearly out of my mind.

2. Interchapter weekend was this past weekend, and I'm SO glad I decided to go! :) It was so awesome getting to meet people from other chapters and to see how they do things. The service project that we did was incredible... We teamed up with project makeover to completely redecorate an elementary school that clearly needed some love. It was amazing that all of the chapters came together and did amazing work painting murals and doing landscaping to really provide Duval Elementary with the facelift it deserved. Tau chapter put on some really great workshops that were really informative and the comparison of behaviors between chapters really gave everyone a chance to take some ideas back to their respective chapters to try and improve their programs. Definitely an amazing weekend of bonding with brothers. :) It also turns out that Gainesville isn't completely crummy... there's definitely more to it than I thought, and let's be serious, they have Dunkin Doughnuts, and you can never go wrong with Dunkies. :)


So the morals of the story today are:

1. Don't try to play the game against people who play it better and then cry when you lose. It's not flattering and nobody cares.

2. I'm SO excited for my littles!

3. I had an absolutely amazing time at Interchapter, and I can't wait for the next one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment