Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I would be completely and utterly lost without my mom in my life. I know that sounds really corny, but she is really the one person that I know that I can count on, no matter what, to deal with all my bullshit, mistakes, bad life choices, etc and still love me unconditionally. She's literally my best friend, and I love her.

After a very taxing emotional week, I'm going to take my moms advice and start removing stupid shit from my life. I'm going to (try) not get overly involved in things that just stress me out, and I'm going to (try) take a step back from my relationships and focus on myself. 

 I'm seriously tired of killing myself to make sure people know that I care about them only to end up empty-handed. I've literally cried in public (it's a HUGE deal for me) twice this week because I'm stressed beyond belief . I'm tired of feeling completely drained at the end of the day because I'm putting SO much of myself into other people and other projects. I'm so over worrying myself to the point where I'm feeling physically sick because I'm pushing myself to my limits trying to make sure that everything is in place for people to have the same amazing experience in my fraternity that I had when I pledged. I can't handle it, and I'm making a choice to not do it anymore.

 I'm not saying that I expect people to shower me with love all the time, because that's unrealistic and let's be serious, I would probably kill someone. I would, however, like to at least be acknowledged once in a while for the effort that I do put in. It's honestly not that difficult to pick up a phone and send a 'Hey, have a great day' text or send a little blurb on Facebook that just lets someone know you appreciate having them in your life. I'm tired of being nice about it, quite honestly, because it fucking pisses me off. 


Merr.

No comments:

Post a Comment